Wednesday, May 7, 2008

5. g) Act 1, Scene 4,5: dynamic character

Anne Frank really changes in her way of thinking and acting. She explains it in her diary how she has a change in herself. "A change in myself. I read somewhere that girls of my age don't feel quite certain of themselves. That they become quiet within and begin to think of the miracle that is taking place in their bodies. I think that what is happening to me is so wonderful...not only what can be seen, but what is taking place inside. Each time it has happened, I have a feeling that I have a sweet secret." (p. 411). As she spends her teenage time in the secret annex, she is still a girl who is growing. Therefore, she became more quiet and secretive but not a lot. She is positive about this though. She is more careful and lady-like. The present that she gave to her mother, a letter saying that she'll anything her mother tells her to do for 10 hours, meant a lot to her mother. Anyway, this shows how she wants to have better realtionship with her mother and also she is more calm. She still doesn't understand her mother, but she is trying to. Her teasing attitude toward Peter is remaing but still she is caring Peter and his cat Mouschi. She is reaching her higher leverl of maturity.

1 comment:

brianl said...

I agree with you on the changes that Anne had. I think she became mature as well as time passed. She became more quiet, unlike when she first came as very immature and hyper. Anyways, good blog